One of the most asked questions I get is “How do you curl your hair to get loose curls?” My messy curls are some of my favorite, easiest and quick ways to do my hair. These curls will last for days using my favorite curling wand and even get better over the next few days!
My loose curls that you can often seeing me sporting. . . For Days! Literally, these curls last THREE sometimes FOUR days! They are super easy to do and really don’t require a lot to make them happen, Including effort! I have your attention now, don’t I? I did this tutorial last year and figured I’d bring it over to the site to share. Check out how I do them in the easy tutorial below.
**I am not a licensed cosmologist/hairstylist. Just a mama who has done her hair for years. Just like you!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED CREATE LOOSE CURLS:
- Curling Wand, I use the Enzo Milano Original Clip-less Curling Iron (wand) This. Is. My. Secret. Weapon!! I have had this bad boy for 9 years and it worked like the day I got it, plus you will see why I love it below, even after three days!
You can watch the how to down below.
HOW TO CREATE LOOSE CURLS 10 STEP GUIDE:
1. Section my hair into two sections, parting down the back of my hair and bringing forward.
2. Start at the back and take one inch sections and wrap around wand.
3. Leave about an inch from the scalp
4. Leave an inch on the end to hold and wrap backwards (away from face)
5. Let curl heat up (don’t over do it, about 10-20 seconds)
6. Unwrap curl and tug down on as you lay it back to it’s place.
7. Top layer of curls do away from face. All underneath curls you can alternate from wrapping backwards (away from face) and forward (towards face) for more depth and volume.
8. When you are in the front sections: Your bangs and by your ears be sure to curl away from face!! **With my bangs I start my curl so it will be about even with my eye.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
10. Shake out curls to the texture you like. You can add volume to the top of your hair or the ends.
BEFORE I SHAKE THEM OUT
I made this tutorial when I was pregnant with Rivers. How cute is my little bump?! **just going down memory lane over here**
VIDEO ON HOW TO GET LOOSE CURLS:
**One of my first videos & pregnant.
The end result of my curls over the next few days after I curl it!
I thought it would be fun to track my curls.
I love waking up the next morning and just being able to shake out my hair but looking like I spent a lot of time on it! I think the second and third day curls are my favorite <3
SECOND DAY CURLS!
You know you have a “Mirror Face”. Ha!
THIRD DAY CURLS!!
So what do you think? Easy enough right, and the out come of having your hair done for a few days is so worth the 20 minutes it may take! (and that time frame is with my LONG hair!)
What’s your favorite way to rock your dirty hair? A messy bun? Hat? Do you have a hot tool you can’t live without and swear by?